Wednesday, June 18, 2014

sniff

This is something that Mary Margaret wrote a few weeks ago in response to an assignment. I thought I'd share it here. They are paying attention, even when we think they're not.


"Hannah, my childhood friend, is getting married in two weeks. She’s the first of my childhood friends to get married. That got me thinking about a series I read a couple of years ago, and in that series the girl had a list of things she was looking for in a guy. Then that got me thinking, “what am I looking for in a guy?”

The first thing that I thought of was, a sense of humor. Someone silly, goofy, crazy, and everything but sarcastic. The next thing on the list was, sweet; somebody who is loyal, kind, polite, and to whom family is one of the top priorities. Next is, hardworking. Someone faithful to finish what he’s doing, (Whether he likes it or not.) Someone who always thinks of who and what he’s doing it for. The next thing is romantic, some who will open every door for me and get me flowers for every occasion. The last thing on my list is something I couldn’t find a word for, and that is he has to have a good relationship with God.

When I was thinking up my list of what I was looking for, I noticed something. I was describing my Daddy. He’s funny, sweet, hardworking, romantic, and he has a good relationship with God.
Now, some of these things on my list might change when I actually start dating. But if any guys think they might be “the one”, you’ve got some big shoes to fill."

No comments:

Post a Comment