Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Year's Resolution

It may be a little late to decide on a New Year's Resolution, but when I started this blog it was still January. It's just taken a while to finish.

I'm resolving to let myself off the hook in 2010.

I am releasing myself from condemnation, whether self-imposed or from somebody else; including, but not limited to, the following:

if my house is messy, or my floor is dirty;


if my kids misbehave;


if my vehicle is not the newest model; (it's paid for)


if I'm not a swimsuit model; (although, if I were, I'd be wearing a swimsuit right now)

if I don't wear the latest style; (especially because I don't know what the latest styles are)

if I don't throw my support behind a cause that's important to you, even if your cause is called a "ministry"; (I have my own causes, thank you very much)

if I commit various grammatical faux pas; you know, spelling, comma splices and the like; (although I did read up on the use of the semi colon last month)

if I don't measure up to your expectations, whatever they may be.

I've officially thrown in the towel. :)

Please, don't buy me a new towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment