Friday, February 4, 2011

Wearing green today

Today I'm wearing a lime green turtleneck. Not because I'm celebrating St. Patrick's Day early, but because I'm honoring a little girl who would have been 12 years old today.

This is what my own 12 year old wrote on February 2nd.


'Sup, Korley

Today I found out that Korley Davis died. I really don't know how to feel right now. I knew about her, but I never really knew her. But I do know enough that I know where she's at right now.

One of Korley's good friends, and one of my friends, goes to my church. She, and all of the students at Liberty, need God more than ever right now.

If I could say anything to Korley right now, I'd say this:


What's up, Korley?

How are you liking heaven so far? It's pretty awesome, isn't it?

We are all going to miss you and we are even going to wear your colors on Friday for your birthday!

I know that you have entered your reward in heaven and that you are having a blast right now! And I am so happy for you because you were taken out of suffering and into eternity, but I just wanted to let you know that you inspired this community so much. You taught us how to come together as friends, family, and complete strangers to reach out, encourage, and to really pray as a body of believers.

I'll see you soon, Korley. (it will be sooner for you than for me)

Love,
Mary M. Edwards


Sometimes, I can't believe I get to be her Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have every reason to be a very proud mom. A very inspiring letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wise and loving 12 year old you have. She knows the love of God and I feel sure she helped her school friends get through a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete