Monday, May 20, 2013

new ways to be rejected

So, if someone doesn't accept your facebook friend request, what does that mean exactly?

It's a new age and, whether we like it or not, social media is here to stay. It affects us in different ways. That it provides a quick, effective tool for communicating is without question. It also provides new ways to annoy and new ways to be rejected.

It's weird. I don't send that many friend requests, so when I do, it really is someone I want to keep up with.

I have a very ecclectic group of friends, which, after thinking about it, everyone probably does.

  • The ones that have a cause they are passionate about; politics, autism, homeschooling, etc.
  • Others that are promoting their business.
  • The spiritual ones that keep us uplifted with scripture and worship videos.
  • The family historians who post every photo of every life event.
  • And the ones who tell us everything they're thinking and I mean everything.
We hold each other's hands through good times and bad, elections, debates, new babies born, and the passing of loved ones. It's become a community within itself.
 
I'm a good neighbor. I play nice. So why would someone that I know in real life pass on the chance to be my friend. I'll probably never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment